Like all WordCamps, WordCamp Sacramento is planned, organized, and run by volunteers from our local WordPress community — and a critical part of making WordCamp Sacramento a success is our day-of event volunteers — and we need your help!
As a volunteer, you’ll help our event run smoothly, make sure our attendees have a great time, and bolster our local WordPress community. Plus, it’s a great opportunity to meet more people in the community, deepen relationships, and give back to the open source software we all use and love.
Volunteer Benefits Include:
- Be an essential part of the running of a successful WordCamp
- Have the opportunity to meet speakers from all over the world
- Help to support the local WordPress community
- Meet WordPress users and professionals from the greater Sacramento area and beyond
- Make new contacts and meet others excited about WordPress
- A ticket to WordCamp Sacramento
- An invitation to the Friday VIP Kick Off Dinner
- A limited edition Volunteer T-Shirt
- Communicate with the Volunteer Director as needed
- Attend the pre-event volunteer meeting (date TBD)
- Attend the event and fulfill your volunteer role
Some of the key volunteer roles include:
- Registration: Staff registration table, checking in attendees and passing out event swag. Take one shift manning the registration table during the event.
- Event Photography: Own one room for one day, photographing the speakers and attendees.
- Video: Own one room for one day.
- Room Manager: Own one room of sessions for one day, mitigating any in-room issues.
- Mic Runner: Running the mic for Q&A.
- Direction Givers: In the mornings, direct attendees from the parking garage to registration, on Saturday direct attendees from event to After Party.
- Set Up/Clean Up: Help with event set up and clean up as needed.
Things To Note
It is likely you will NOT be able to attend some or all speaker sessions (unless in a role that allows you to do so), the Beginner Track, or the WordPress Contribution Day. Please don’t apply if you simply wish to attend the WordCamp as an attendee, or if attending sessions is a priority. Thanks!
There are limited volunteer positions available, as a result, everyone who applies to volunteer may not receive a volunteer role.
Apply To Volunteer
Complete the form below to apply.