It’s that time again!
In a way it’s hard to believe that WordCamp Sacramento is just a couple months away, and in others, it can’t get here soon enough! It seems like we were just at WordCamp 2016… But now that summer and concert and festival season is here, it’s also time to ramp up the WordCamp Sacramento promotion.
This summer marks the 50th anniversary of the Summer Of Love. During this time, creativity flourished, there was an emphasis on sharing and community, and there was a feeling that anything was possible. The message sent to the world was one of love, peace, understanding, freedom, compassion, and respect.
Just as the Summer of Love was a gathering of people from all walks of life working together and sharing with a sense of community to create something wonderful for the world, WordCamps are gatherings of people of all skill levels and walks of life working together and sharing to create something wonderful for the WordPress community… and WordCamp Sacramento is no different.
This year we’re flying our hippie flag and embracing peace, love, and WordPress — and you might even see some tie dye.
WordCamp Sacramento, the only WordCamp in Northern California, is a truly inclusive community event that invites and welcomes anyone and everyone who is interested in or who uses WordPress in any way to come together for a weekend to collaborate, share, converse, learn, and grow.
And we want YOU to join us.
In 2015, WordCamp Sacramento tickets sold out in two hours, in 2016, all three round of tickets sold out within 24 hours, and in 2017, we’re creating our biggest and best event yet! In fact, we’re on track to be the largest local entrepreneurial and tech event in Sacramento.
Tickets go on sale June 14, 2017 and General Admission Tickets are only $40.00!
Thanks to our generous sponsors, your $40.00 WordCamp General Admission Ticket gives you access to the entire two-day WordCamp Sacramento event, happening September 16-17, 2017 at the Sacramento Convention Center.
- A BRAND NEW full day Beginner Track on Saturday, walking new users through how to use WordPress.
- Two mixed tracks of sessions on Saturday.
- Three mixed tracks of sessions on Sunday.
- A Happiness Bar — our version of a help desk, open throughout the event so you can get help with your site and get your questions answered.
- An opportunity to network with and meet sponsors, speakers, and other WordPress community members, including business owners, designers, developers, agency owners, bloggers, copywriters, freelancers, site owners, and more.
- Coffee, lemonade, and iced water throughout the entire event.
- An awesome WordCamp Sacramento 2017 tshirt.
- A delicious catered lunch on Saturday.
- An array of afternoon snacks on Sunday.
- A party to relax, unwind, celebrate WordPress, and continue conversations from the day.
Community Sponsor Tickets
This year we’re offering a new WordCamp ticket — A Community Sponsor Ticket.
As you know, WordCamp can’t happen without the generosity of sponsors. From venue, audio/visual, and wifi costs, to catering and coffee, swag, signage and print materials, to tables and chairs, linens, snacks, registration supplies, and more, there is an enormous amount of cost involved to create, plan, and host the event — not to mention the pure time volunteered by the organizers. Raising funds is one of the hardest parts of this event.
The Community Sponsor Ticket is $150. It’s a way for you to give back to the local WordPress community, show your thanks, support WordCamp, and make it possible for us to continue to have a WordCamp Sacramento.
Here’s how Community Sponsors will be acknowledged:
- You get everything included with a General Admission Ticket.
- You get a thank you via social media and on the WordCamp blog.
- You get a ticket to the exclusive Friday night kick-off dinner at Hot Italian, to network with speakers, sponsors, and organizers before the event. This is HUGE!
- You get our undying gratitude and thanks.