Congratulations again for being a volunteer for WordCamp Sacramento 2017!
We are so excited about this event and thrilled that you’re going to be part of it. To make things easy, we’ve created this information page just for you with all the nitty gritty WordCamp details you need to know. We’ll keep the page updated with all of the latest WordCamp information so you have one place to go to find everything.
If you have any questions not answered here, please reach out!
Key Contact Information
- Mark Chouinard our WordCamp Volunteer Wrangler is your primary point of contact. You can reach him at mark[at]chouinard.me.
- Jennifer Bourn is the Lead Organizer for WordCamp. You can reach her at jennifer[at]bourncreative.com or 916-468-4738.
- September 15, 2017: The VIP Kick Off Dinner.
- September 16-17, 2017: WordCamp Sacramento 2017.
While you are always welcome to look for street parking, there are several parking garages conveniently located near the Sacramento Convention Center:
- Esquire Plaza Parking Garage located at 1215 13th Street (between J & K Streets, closest to WordCamp venue entrance, $21/day)
- City Of Sacramento City Hall Parking Garage located at 921 11th Street (10th & I, 11th & I, $5/day)
- Capitol Garage located at 1303 10th Street (corner of 10th & L Streets, $5/day)
- AKT Lot located at 1418 K Street ($15/day)
- 900 13th Street (between I & J Streets, $30/day)
Kick Off VIP Dinner
- The Friday night Kick Off VIP Dinner will be held on Friday, September 15, 2017 at 6:30 pm at Hot Italian in Midtown Sacramento!
- Event And Food: Join us for a pizza bar (including vegetarian and gluten-free options), non-alcoholic drinks, some Italian Gelato, and great networking with WordCamp speakers, organizers, sponsors, and volunteers. If you would like to purchase drinks, a bar is available.
- Address: 1627 16th Street #1, Sacramento, California 95814.
- Venue Location: We will be in the Bikes And Gear Lounge — come inside and head to the right past the Gelato Bar!
WordCamp Venue Details
- Venue Address: Sacramento Convention Center located at 1400 J Street, Sacramento, California 95814. Get directions and nearby hotels on the WordCamp Location Page.
- Venue Entrance: Enter the Convention Center using the West Lobby Entrance on 13th Street (across from the parking garage).
- WordCamp Location In Venue: WordCamp will be upstairs — we have the entire second floor meeting space.
- Speaker Room: Room 205, at the end of the hallway outside the ballrooms is the Private Speaker Room. No one will be allowed in the room but speakers. This is your place for quiet time to get ready for your talk or decompress after your talk.
- All tracks will be held in very large, dark ballrooms.
- The walls between the ballrooms have a multi-foot wide gap in the center of the walls to help eliminate the transfer of sound between rooms.
- There will be a large stage at the front of each ballroom for better visibility.
- A podium will be on the stage with a microphone, as well as a wireless microphone — which you use is up to you.
- There will be a large countdown timer on each podium for speakers that the room managers will need to set before each session.
- There will be an audience microphone for Q&A.