In the summer of 1967, 100,000 people converged in San Francisco’s neighborhood Haight-Ashbury, and many other groups gathered across the United States, in Canada, and in Europe, all to create social change and embrace equality. This social and cultural phenomenon was called The Summer of Love.
During this transformative time, creativity flourished, there was an emphasis on sharing and community, and there was a feeling that anything was possible. The message sent to the world was one of love, peace, understanding, freedom, compassion, and respect.
2017 marks the 50th anniversary of the Summer of Love.
Just as the Summer of Love was a gathering of people from all walks of life working together and sharing with sense of community to create something wonderful for the world, WordCamps are gatherings of people of all skill levels and walks of life working together and sharing to create something wonderful for the WordPress community.
WordCamp Sacramento 2017
WordCamp Sacramento is a volunteer-run conference centered around WordPress, the free and open-source software, powering approximately 27% of the internet and 75 million websites around the world, and this year we too are embracing peace, love, happiness, and all things WordPress.
WordCamp Sacramento believes our community should be truly open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, religion, preferred operating system, programming language, or text editor. (Code of Conduct)
In its third year, WordCamp Sacramento keeps getting bigger and better. The entire 2017 organizing team is excited to share that WordCamp Sacramento 2017 will be held September 16-17 at the Sacramento Convention Center, just steps from the California State Capital, historic attractions, and amazing restaurants, as well as mere blocks from the brand new Golden 1 Center and K Street Mall.
We are thrilled to expand the event to include:
- A full day Beginner Track on Saturday, walking new users through how to use WordPress.
- A WordPress Contribution Day on Sunday, encouraging and supporting community members who want to give back to the project and explore new ways to get involved.
- Two mixed tracks of sessions running throughout Saturday and Sunday, featuring speakers from both our local community and the greater WordPress community sharing their expertise.
- A Happiness Bar — our version of a help desk, open throughout the event so you can get help with your site and get your questions answered.
- Lots of networking time to get to know other WordPressers and meet new people.
- A party to relax, unwind, celebrate WordPress, and continue conversations from the day.
WordCamp is attended by designers, developers, business owners, bloggers, copywriters, consultants, hobbyists, employees who use WordPress as part of their job, and anyone else who uses WordPress in any way. Attendees range from the novice who is brand new to WordPress, to the savvy WordPress power user, to advanced designers and developers who make their living with WordPress.
We invite you to come and welcome you to be a part of it.
Subscribe using the form in the sidebar to stay up to date on the most recent news. We’ll be keeping you posted on all the details over the coming months, including speaker applications, ticket sales, and more!